10 January 2012

#Janathon Day 10 - badminton limb freeing and grubby hands

Just did a short run today of 3.5 miles and with Fleet.

All five us (not including Fleet, although he’d probably love tearing back and forth) played badminton tonight, brilliant fun. I haven't played badminton in ages and we all had so much fun that we decided to book another court again for next Tuesday evening.

What was even better is that it transpired that I had pre-purchased badminton sessions from ages and ages ago so I didn't have to pay tonight and have two more prepaid sessions :-)  I cherish these moments of fortune more than I should.

However, we all had grubby hands as the grip tape on most of our rackets is perishing so I will have to seek out a suitable supplier of grip tape. We have six rackets and I've replaced the grip on only one of them (I think). Plus my youngest son wants his own racket too so the saving on courts (not a real saving I suppose given that it was a prepayment) will contribute to a new racket and grip tape. I'm sure I remember putting grip tape on was quite fiddly?

The badminton seems to have helped my legs too; they feel much better now ... I wonder how they will feel tomorrow? But I must be positive ;-)

My Janathon total is now 71 miles and Fleet's is 33 miles.


No comments:

Creative Commons License