03 January 2012

#Janathon Day 3 - windy, wombling, whinging, whateverness (but not wet)

A hard run against the wind today! Fortunately I set out before the serious downpour..

It was a bit of a mess outside our house as rubbish from bins had blown about as it was bin-collection-after-the-festive-season-day.  So I ended up picking up some litter and wheeled a neighbour's bin out the road, and then once I'd done my Wombling I was off.

I wore my new (Christmas present) Montane lightweight jacket with hood. I was very happy with it :-)

I couldn't work out what was happening with the wind direction?  I set out across the fields bent against the wind worrying that I was going to be going so slow that my Garmin watch would 'pause' (it's on auto pause). I kept reminding myself that the wind would be behind me on the return leg, but on the way back the wind kept changing direction so I ended up doing a kind of interval session.

The end result was 5.9 miles. Oh yes, and my legs are aching a bit and I'm taking too long with the blogging and I'm too busy at work and why did I register for an OU module and I really need to start stretching more and ... that's enough! Sigh.

Janathon total is 21 miles.

1 comment:

Paintedrunner said...

Well done for going out on such a yucky day

Creative Commons License