30 January 2012

#Janathon Day 30 - freezing runs and CPR revision (not on real people)

Just got back from a First Aid course for Scout leaders at the Scout Hut - good to be reminded about and updated about CPR etc.  Second half of course is next week and I'm judging a Beaver cooking competition just before ... that's not cooking beavers, but Beaver Scouts testing their cooking skills, and not with hot food either :-)

This, together with a couple of runs, means I have had a very busy day. My morning run I did with Fleet and we ran 9.08 miles.  I'm not sure if I will take Fleet for a run tomorrow morning, I'll see how he is.  He definitely doesn't rush to go out the next day after a long run and, seeing as he can't talk, I tend to ere on the side of caution when we've done a longer run.

I went out for my afternoon run when the sun was shining but it became very, very cold.  I was freezing when I got home and it took me a while to warm up.  That run was 11.02 miles.

I have an early meeting tomorrow morning and so I'm not sure when I will go out.  I'll probably take it easier ...

My total Janathon mileage is now 270 miles and Fleet's is 126 miles.  Besides aching muscles and tiredness and hunger, joints are all okay :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CPR very useful skill at this stage of Janathon!

Creative Commons License