15 January 2012

#Janathon Day 14 - scouting for goods and the mystery path

I have been on my feet most of the day today ...

Went for a good walk with my wife and our dog Fleet in the morning.  Frosty again, our dog loves the frost (and snow), he gets very excited and runs around madly.  Walked past a group of runners who might be part of a fitness group, I'm not sure.  Thing is I know two of the guys in this group and this is now the second time I've seen them running hard and I've been walking casually past knowing full well that I will be running later that day, and I'm sure they are looking at me as if to say 'you've stopped running' and I want to say 'no I haven't, I'm running later' but I don't because that would just sound silly and a bit pathetic and I know that they're not really thinking what they think I'm thinking and it's really all just in my head ... so, sorry, I feel better now.

After our walk I went out for a run along the Thames (told you I would) all the way to the bridge that carries the M4 over the Thames. I discovered that some steps there go up to the M4 and there is a path that runs right next to the motorway.  I was quite surprised to find a path so close to the motorway?  I think next time I might follow the path to see where it goes, I wonder if I could get back down to the Jubilee River? Where does the path go, a mystery.

After my run I came home and took my youngest son to the local sports shop and we bought him a badminton racket.  Then it was off shopping at Sainsburys (sigh), our family eats so much that we often have two trolleys for our weekly shop but this time we didn't expect to be purchasing quite as much bulk so one trolley would do. So instead I went off scouting for items further afield in the outer regions of the store while my wife gathered perishables within the scope of a few aisles.  I would return to the trolley laden with goods, check their suitability and then after acceptance of said goods would then head off again in search of the next items.  The problem with this hunter/gatherer approach to the weekly shop is that I end up walking miles!  By the time we had unpacked the shopping I was exhausted. I'm getting two trolleys next time.

So despite running 10.2 miles today, I suspect that I've doubled that walking! And, some of those miles were the very hardest miles that a man can do ... miles covered shopping!! And they don't even count for Janathon.

Janathon total is now 102 miles and I am very tired and need to go to bed.

Goodnight, yawn :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL -- cant' beat shopping for total brain numbing exhaustion.

Creative Commons License