23 January 2012

#Janathon Day 23 - my 99 miler dog

Fleet has run 99 miles with me (he's run more really if you count the back forth style of running he does).  The truth is it is probably 100 miles if I added all the fractions of a mile together and I was tempted to add them up but then he wouldn't be a 99 miler dog :-) it has a nice ring to it!

He is definitely getting fitter and faster, unlike me who might be getting fitter (I think or theorise) but definitely not faster.  My legs really need a rest as they feel quite heavy, clomp, clomp clomp along I go.  I should have a rest day but I want to run every day in January.  I'm not actually competing with anybody or maybe I am, I don't know,  but I do want to do better than I did in Juneathon - I hope my legs hold out.

And of course I also want to carry on into February and Marathon Talk's Febulous (the February section of Jantastic).  Incidentally, I was wrong about the total weekly mileage, you have to set the target length of your 'long run' (not total mileage)  and the number of times you want to run each week.  I think my target will probably be to run 5 times a week with a long run of 10 miles(ish) and maybe one longer run of say 13 miles once a month, but I'm still undecided.

So my/our run today was 8 miles and my Janathon total is now 181 miles but more importantly Fleet's total is now 99 miles :-) making him ... the 99 miler dog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent work on the canine front. If that dog gets any fitter you may have to adopt a second career as a butcher.

Jenks said...

@runtezza he continues to get fitter ... faster than me!

Creative Commons License