22 January 2012

#Janathon Day 22 - holding myself together and an Olympic blockage

First thing this morning went out for a pleasant walk with my wife and Fleet. Returned and did a few chores, booked badminton court for Tuesday and had a lunchtime bagel.

Then decided to head out for a long run while my wife dropped my youngest at a (not so local) cinema, I'm picking up later, sigh. My run took me along the Thames and all go was going well but the bagel (or something) was um, uh well searching for a low level exit strategy.  I figured I would maintain self control and carry on regardless but unfortunately I had to stop every so often to, well, hold myself together a bit.

Carried on running and then reached a fence blocking the towpath! The towpath around Dorney Lake has been  closed off until November because of the Olympics and the need for a temporary bridge over the river. I'm all for the Olympics but I'm not sure why the towpath has to be closed for so long? So I ran up to Dorney Lake to find lots of people walking around there.  A duathlon had just finished and I thought ... toilets!  And yes, I found clean toilets (duathletes must be a tidy bunch) and was um, very relieved. 

My run back was much better although I started feeling hungry.  Total run was 13 miles bringing my Janathon total to 173 miles.

No comments:

Creative Commons License