21 January 2012

#Janathon Day 21 - rainbows, #Jantastic and isn't Fleet doing well

As runtezza has pointed out, Fleet has almost reached his ton!  He is now at 91 miles and seems to be managing a lot better than I am.

Although I'm not feeling that bad, knees okay (check), Achilles okay (check), hips okay (check), muscles okay ... well maybe not but it's not that surprising at this point in Janathon. Still, only one week left but then I am also doing Jantastic and that goes right through to the end of March, oh well.

I set a target of 5 runs per week for Jantastic but I've been averaging 7. Next month I expect I will drop down to 5 runs a week and I'm thinking of setting a weekly mileage of 30 miles, something to consider.

On my return part of my run today it rained but on the bright side I was very lucky to see a double rainbow straight ahead. With the open fields all about it looked like a huge finish line arch intended for me, beautiful :-) My run today was 8.2 miles.

My Janathon mileage is now 160 miles and, as I mentioned, Fleet's mileage is 91 miles. 

2 comments:

LilB said...

the dogs seem to be getting the most out of Janathon - my poor little Archie is doing really well with the added distance I'm making him walk!

Jenks said...

They love it, problem is can we sustain it after Janathon? Fleet's fitness increases faster than mine, sigh.

Creative Commons License