18 January 2012

#Janathon Day 18 - overheating, bugs, Cubs, knots and the recovery position

I wore too much for my run today and I was a bit too hot, probably overheated a bit,  but I did another 8.1 miles plus it was drizzling too - I wonder if I was steaming?

Then I worked and worked and worked trying to solve a bug in my design, right up to 5 minutes before Cubs.  Then I threw my uniform on and rushed off to Cubs where I arrived just about on time Tonight we did knots and a bit of First Aid including the recovery position (I was the patient, I need recovering) and games of course :-)  Helped me forget the bug in my design!

Rushed home 'very hungry' and had dinner ... and here I am writing this post.

My Janathon total is now 136 miles.

3 comments:

Paintedrunner said...

Brilliant. Your day sounds as full as mine. Great mileage.

Gary Vallance said...

My all time top five knots:

Clove hitch
Bowline
Alpine butterfly
Sheet bend
Italian hitch

I fear for my son's future! :)

Jenks said...

@Lena Thanks. I know I'd miss the busy when th eboys leave home.

@Gary Vallance Knots are great fun but teaching 8 year olds can be tricky. I love the delight when they get it right though. I've also noted a future leader but I think you're buddies with a well known Scouter so I'm sure you'll be recruited ;-)

Creative Commons License