12 January 2012

#Janathon Day 12 - boring run in the dark

I can't imagine that title will attract much interest.  What more can I say other than I ran 4.1 miles, it was dark and I had a head torch on.

I could tell you about the blinding lights and how cars don't dip their headlights just because I'm a runner with a headtorch.  I can also crash, you know! I can't see the path with dazzling headlights in my eyes. I should have a massive headlight that I can flash at drivers!

I'm tempted to make something up about my run but I'm far too honest, I'd never make a tabloid journalist or banker. 

No, it was a boring 4.1 mile run during which time I considered why on earth I was out running, why I was running at all and how tedious it was.  When I got back I felt much better not because I had run but because I wasn't doing a boring run in the dark.  Sorry if you were looking for motivation here :-(

Okay, so I'm in a grim mood today - It'll be better tomorrow I'm sure, I hope. Sigh.

My Janathon total is now 83 miles.

2 comments:

abradypus said...

"...but because I wasn't doing a boring run in the dark" may not be inspirational, but it rings very true to me. Sometimes knowing that other people have the occasional tedious run too is more inspiring than hearing about how wonderful everything is.

Jenks said...

@abradypus I know, some days I really do find running hard. When I'm out running I sometimes look at other runners and I'm convinced that they are finding it easier than me, it all looks so effortless for them, sigh.

Creative Commons License