13 January 2012

#Janathon Day 13 - thumb blister, quantum mechanics and a frost

I think I have a blister on my thumb!  This evening I replaced the overgrips on 'six' badminton rackets. The blister is a result of trying to remove the old overgrip tape on the badminton rackets.  All done and ready for our family badminton session on Tuesday.  This time we should have no grubby hands from perishing rubber. The handles are quite tacky now, non slip performance grips for maxim power transfer and control, I can hear those power shots even now ... I wish :-)

Also received my Open University course materials today.  I'm doing a course on quantum mechanics but I've spotted some more maths I need to revise before the course starts, I haven't done much studying for a while so hopefully it will go okay.

My run this morning was much, much better than last night's.  It helps running in the daylight, with a frost on the ground and a blue sky.  I should have taken a camera, beautiful view over the Jubilee River looking back towards Taplow. Good run, not boring but I had freezing hands by the time I reached home.  So a nine mile run this morning and with my faithful dog, Fleet :-) A good one, slow but good.

So my Janathon total is now 92 miles and Fleet's is 50 miles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great run. Good luck with the OU course and hope the thumb is OK.

abradypus said...

Not sure what level maths you need to be revising, if it's more the a-level / OU level 1 than the OU level 3 and you need a sounding board let me know.

Jenks said...

@runtezza Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. Thumb is okay now.

@abradypus The course is level 3 but uses level 2 maths. I've covered the maths a long time ago in my engineering course but it would be good to have a sounding board, thanks :-)

Creative Commons License