27 January 2012

#Janathon Day 27 - night running = getting lost, tripping, sinking, slipping and running into things

Obviously a day for getting lost as I did tonight and so did runtezza today.  It was a beautiful day for a run but I was too busy and set off too late .... when it was dark!  I just can't get excited about running in the dark but Local Adventures raves about trail running at night so like a mug I tried trail running at night.

Well I got lost, and my feet got wet and muddy, I ran further than I intended and it was cold. I can't look out for owls or anything else except the odd moth that crosses the light beam of my headtorch. No, I have to concentrate on the beam of light from my headtorch so I don't trip, sink, slip or run into anything. Problem is I still trip, sink, slip and run into things.  Running at night would be fine if it wasn't so dark.  I will persist though.

On homeward stretch I felt really hungry and decided to listen to the first episode of Talk Ultra to take my mind of my tum. Unfortunately, hearing all about 250km runs and 10 hour training runs and running across deserts, jungles and Antarctica sort of sapped my energy! But I did find it interesting.

Still I ran 8.5 miles making my Janathon total 219 miles.

No comments:

Creative Commons License